Philips Solar LED Street Lighting Solutions
Reducing dependency on conventional power, contributing towards green energy
The sun is an in-exhaustive, reliable, non-polluting source of power. Concerns over global climatic change, local air pollution and resource scarcity make photovoltaic (PV) an increasingly attractive energy supply technology. Using solar energy with LEDs instead of CFL provides a very efficient solution. Solar powered outdoor lighting products are ideal for lighting the area in remote locations where the electricity is unavailable or erratic. Even in urban areas, these find great usage to reduce dependency on conventional power and contribute towards green energy. Reliable and long life makes this solution effective in fulfilling our present and future lighting requirements.
- Only A-brand quality mono- and poly- crystalline silicon solar panels with high efficiency and long lifetime are used.
- High Lumen LED modules for maximum efficacy. Dedicated designed low-voltage solar controller technology with dimming capabilities for power-save management. Lifetime > 50,000 hrs and CRI nominal 70.
- Highly efficient controller to charge your batteries and intelligent microprocessor controlled algorithms for light management ensure maximum uptime.
- Specific deep discharge batteries are used to store the energy, provide energy for immediate requirements, and enable a back-up for days when there is little or no sun.
- Microprocessor managed algorithms autonomously determine sunrise and sunset.
- No line voltage, trenching, or metering
- No power outages
- Battery backup for cloudy or rainy days
- Independent power and light source- no two systems are connected, hence no single point of failure.
- Easy to install
- No maintenance except for the battery
- No cost of transformers or meters to be added for electric service
- Qualify for savings from various state taxes and incentives
- No monthly electric bills
- Controlled charging to prolong battery service life
- Long-life PV modules with more than 25 years of power generation capacity
- Environment friendly - 100% powered by the sun, solar panels reduce fossil fuel consumption, eliminating pollution
- IP 65 Luminaire ensures long lasting and consistent high performance
- Self-contained solution - Light on/off controlled by automatic daylight sensing
- No running cost
- Better and long life light source - LED lights feature white light without flickering and instant on.
- Safe 12/24 volt circuit, no risk of electric shock.
Added Philips solution benefits
- Street lighting
- Roadway lighting
- Pathway lighting
- Ramp lighting
- Sidewalk lighting
- Private road lighting
- Farm lighting
- Wildlife area lighting
- Perimeter security lighting
- Park lighting
- Gate lighting
- Railway yard lighting
- Fence lighting
- Campus lighting
- Ship dock lighting
- Remote area lighting
- Military base lighting
- Jogging path lighting
Case study: Vijayawada Municipal Corporation, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
Vijayawada is the 3rd biggest city in Andhra Pradesh. It is one of the 65 cities nominated under JNNURM Mission. The city has embarked on a journey of becoming an environmentally sustainable city. They were looking for a lighting partner who can offer LED Solar street lighting solutions for an important housing colony apart from LED lighting solutions for different streets across the city.